Development of Mobile Application – Importance
Mobile app development has become a part of any business striving to hit numbers. As it seems, it is easy to develop an application but only a few among them make the cut in the mobile app market. Why is that? Because they miss out to give keen attention to some of the important aspects such as,
- The app fits the business niche
- Effective marketing strategies are followed
- Advanced feature inclusions
- Alignment with the current market trends
- Agile methodologies
As a matter of fact, when one thing is followed properly, every above-mentioned factor can be easily handled. The mobile app development process is the primary parameter to be considered upon which all other factors easily fall in place. Instead of making changes over and over, wasting sources, etc., you can arrive at the right set of phases you should follow in your app’s development process and make the application speak your language.
With acute details, the below-mentioned are the 8 stages to be followed in the development of mobile applications along with various considerations and best practices to be adopted with them.
Key Considerations For Development of Mobile Application
There are a range of considerations to be kept in mind while you are up to developing a mobile application to enhance your business. Make certain that you have answers for the following questions,
- Who are the target audiences for your application?
- How does your app serve the app users?
- Does a similar app already exist?
- How compatible is your mobile app with various platforms?
- What are the features to be included?
- What will your app’s user interface look like?
You are ready to start your development lifecycle once you have answers to all these concerns. Also, this will help you arrive at the true essence of your mobile app ideas.
8 Phases Involved In Mobile App Development Process
#1 App Ideation
Make sure you have nailed down all the necessary aspects related to your app development in this phase. Idea and planning is everything and worth the time and effort since it eases the post-processes.
- The objective of the app development
- Target audiences or potential users
- Core appeal of the application development
- Competitors and analysis on their methods and ideas
- Sources to be invested for the application
- App promotion and marketing strategies
When you have a clear idea about all these parameters, then you are good to move forward with the next phase of the app development process.
#2 Perform Market Research
The real demand for your application can be known by analyzing the current market. According to it, you can modify your ideated factors, include some requirements, get a clear understanding of the users, define audience reachability, identify business opportunities, assess your app before launch, etc.,
- Define your app users and their expectations
- Prepare survey questions
- Identify the level of engagement by your target businesses and customers
- List your market competitors and conduct deep research on them
#3 Build Wireframes and Design Your Application
Wireframes help you put a shape to your ideated app ideas. They aid you in displaying your mobile application’s design and other functionalities. The app design serves as a guideline or reference with which the developers can proceed with their development. Here’s what you should do in the designing phase of your app’s development process.
- Comprehend the user flow to be implemented
- Set a mobile frame according to your needs
- Decide upon the contents to be added
To make your design process simple, here are the significant stages to be followed while designing your application.
- Understand the design problem
- Define the strategy to be focused
- Diverge with possible solutions for the problems
- Choose relevant ideas
- Build a prototype
- Learn about what works and what needs to be improved in your application through feedback.
#4 App Development
This is the most crucial part of the mobile app development process. When every pre-development stage is taken care of efficiently, the app development phase becomes a piece of cake. Structure your team, split and assign tasks according to their complexities. Make sure you sign tasks for the developers considering three aspects – front-end of the app, beach-end of the app, APIs.
- Establish development environment
- Split component-wise coding
- Perform preliminary tests
- Create an application with all designed features included
#5 Testing the Application
Development of mobile applications will be complete only after it is integrally tested. Run an effective code review process and test the application well enough so that it will have no potential bugs. Ensure to perform the below-mentioned testing stages.
- Documentation testing
- Functional testing
- Usability testing
- Platform testing
- Performance testing
- Security testing
To manage all these testing phases, you should make use of coherent testing tools that can help you test your mobile application with no anomalies.
#6 Launch Your App’s Beta Version
Launching a beta version of your developed mobile application is an essential step to take your app to the mainstream. Early users offer much feedback about the app which you can update and modify before the main app launch. This serves as word-of-mouthing marketing for your business application to increase your customer base.
#7 App Launch
Now that your app is designed, developed, and tested, it is ready for launch. Whether you are going to launch the app in the Apple store or Google play store in the case of Android apps, make sure you follow the guidelines and follow the app submission process correctly to publish your app without any complications.
#8 Post-launch Maintenance
Most businesses skip this mobile app development process stage which might lead to the failure of the application. To ensure your launched application has no bugs or operational errors, it is important to check the functionalities and test them after it goes live. In case of any bug identification, it can be rectified and launched as another version in a short period.
Having known the mobile app development process you must follow to develop a best-in-class mobile application, you are ready to kick-start your online business venture by building an efficient mobile application. Pyramidion is a mobile app development company holding expertise in offering top-notch mobile app solutions for both iOS and Android platforms. By following a chronological step-by-step development process, we make sure no aspect is left out. To get an estimated quote for your app development project, connect with us right away!